The U.S., Switzerland, and Italy have long been linked by strong cultural ties, and it is not surprising that today many families face cross-border issues involving all three countries.
Now, more than ever, it is therefore necessary for wealth planning professionals to see beyond the borders of their country in order to understand the multi-jurisdictional issues that impact their clients.
Participants at this conference, organized by Centro di Studi Bancari with the support of STEP Lugano and the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce, will gain a better understanding of the factors that impact strategic asset decisions for each client. The speakers, experienced American, Swiss, and Italian advisors, will provide a general overview of the main succession issues that arise in practice and suggest pragmatic solutions.
SpeakersGalia Antebi – Managing Member, Ruchelman P.L.L.C., New York
Martina Cemovic – Senior Project Manager Tax and Regulatory Change – FATCA, Private Banking, Credit Suisse, Zurich
Stanley C. Ruchelman – Chairman, Ruchelman P.L.L.C., New York
Andrea Tavecchio – Managing Partner, TEP, Tavecchio Caldara & Associati, Milan
- U.S. Estate and Gift Tax framework
- Inheritance Tax consequences for Swiss and Italian persons with U.S. assets
- Tax and wealth planning solutions for Italian and Swiss persons with U.S. assets
- Agreements regarding double taxation in matters of succession (the U.S.-Swiss and U.S.-Italian conventions)
- Time reserved for participant questions
Date and Time
May 8, 2019
1:30 – 5:00 P.M.