Thank you to all who applied. This position has been filled, and we look forward to welcoming the newest member of the Ruchelman team.
Ruchelman P.L.L.C. is a boutique law firm based in New York City and providing bespoke cross-border tax planning and related legal services to a global client base. Our firm offers a wide range of tax planning and commercial legal services to clients across the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. Clients include global investors, multinational corporations expanding into the U.S., and U.S. businesses with international operations. Engagements include overseas expansion, strategic acquisitions, transfer pricing, and international mobility.
Ruchelman P.L.L.C. is looking for an Associate Attorney to join our New York office. The ideal candidate will have strong research, writing and communication skills. He or she will be able to work independently and will be seeking a career with growth potential.
As an Associate Attorney, you will work closely with a small team of highly dedicated and experienced attorneys. You will take part in solving interesting and sophisticated tax challenges and gain hands-on experience in all aspects of the work. You will write frequently for our scholarly tax journal and will participate in the firm’s CLE/CPE programs and other speaking opportunities. You will have direct contact with clients and their teams of advisors.
- Conduct research on specific tax issues
- Draft tax memorandums, transactional and other tax-related documents
- Correspond directly with clients and other professionals
- Write frequently for publication in our scholarly tax journal
- 2-4 years of experience as a tax lawyer in a law firm or comparable setting in the U.S. or abroad, preferably in the area of Subchapter C and Subchapter K of the Internal Revenue Code
- Strong research skills using Bloomberg and Checkpoint databases
- At least a basic understanding of the international tax provisions of the Code
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Admitted and in good standing as an attorney in the State of New York (or is in the process of admission)
- LL.M. in Taxation (completed or in progress)
- Facility with tax and financial reporting principles
Ruchelman P.L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer.